Saturday, March 19, 2022

Substack for thee, not me

I don't like Substack or the entire monetization stream, where people writing blogs are paid by readers.  I'm not a journalist, reporter, or media person. I've got a real job and  I've got opinions, so I'm going to say what I think here.  That sounds pretentious, but essentially you can't say lots of things on the major social media platforms.  For example, I got locked down for three days on Twitter for saying Senator Rand Paul should be punched in the face. The guy is a complete jackass.  He deserves much more!

I stopped a decade ago writing on this blog.  I tried to motivate myself to write long form, but it took too much time.  I'm back out of sheer spite. I don't want to pay for some meathead's opinion on Substack or care to subscribe to some inane newsletter.  I have Twitter for that.

In the past decade, social media took over. I can't stand much of it, because it is beneath anyone with an intellect. Memes, brain farts, likes, dislikes, comments by the guy you knew in high-school who became a fascist, and feces throwing digital warriors. That is no way to run a civilization!

I've grown old in the decade since.  I also have learned a lot of things: big and small.  So, if you think this might be useful in understanding the world, check in once in a while.

The Lifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment